Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TremZone Tourney

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FreaK
Dretch
Dretch

TremZone Tourney Empty
PostSubject: TremZone Tourney   TremZone Tourney EmptyThu 08 Jan 2009, 8:42 pm

www.tremzone.com

basically a tourney with clans sign up!

quote from tremulous.net

Quote :
A little over a month ago, I wanted to organize a Tremulous tournament. I decided that the time spent making a website would best be spent on a center for competitive events rather than a single tournament. So, I went through the long(ish) process of making a site and tournament. There wasn't a whole lot to do; I attribute the difficulty of the process to my own incompetence. Relearning HTML and CSS, reading the Simple Machines docs, and writing, rewriting, and re-rewriting the rules of the tournament were among the things did.

So, here is www.tremzone.com and its associated tournament, the First TremZone Team Open. Check it out for details.

Registration is currently open, but as this has just been announced, changes may be made to the rules. There are currently no official referees, server, or teamspeak server, though as of right now the game and Teamspeak servers will be vR's. Match dates are to be announced, but registration will continue through the holidays, and matches wont begin until after the New Year.

If you would like to be a referee, contact me. You can both play and ref the tournament, but you cannot be a referee for a match that your team or clan is in.

If you would like to contribute your server to the tournament, post here or on the TremZone forum, or contact me in any other way. Having more tournament servers will decongest the schedule of matches. Your server must have or be able to change to the range of settings given in the rules, preferably without rcon (i.e. TL 50-60, SD 25-35, etc.) Originally, I had share/donate: off as a server setting, but seeing that I don't have my own servers to use, and most servers have share/donate on, share/donate will be on.

Referees will be chosen carefully.

Also, the 4 most popular maps to scrim on, as determined by the poll in the TremZone forum, will be used for the tournament. Go vote now. Because it's a public poll, I will need many voters to iron out the fallacies.

Feel free to ask if you have questions. I would like to append an FAQ on the site. I have a reason for just about everything, so I'll likely be able to explain quite easily.
Back to top Go down

TremZone Tourney
Page 1 of 1